Interior Painting: Do it Yourself Like a Professional
One of the best ways to give your home that well-overdue makeover is with a lick of fresh paint. Interior painting is simple to do when you know how to go about it. If you follow these handy tips, you will know exactly how to do interior painting just like the professionals.
The great news is that you do not need to employ the professionals to come in and paint your home. You can easily learn how to do interior painting yourself. Here is what you need to do in order to avoid the patches of uneven paint on your walls:
- Prep the wall beforehand: Before you can begin painting your walls, you need to make sure that they are smooth and that they do not have any existing substances on them, such as wallpaper. This may mean that you need to sand down the walls and fill in any existing holes and cracks.
- Prime your walls: Before painting the wall the final colour that you want it to be, make sure that you prime it. Primer will create a layer on your wall that will make it as smooth as possible. This will stop the final layer of paint from blistering or bubbling. Some professional painters will even use the final colour to tint the primer slightly. This will help to give you a more vibrant colour once you have finished the paint job.
- Protect your flooring and border: Before you start painting, you need to make sure that you move out all of the furniture and cover the floor with a protective fabric. This can either be plastic or canvas. You will also need to place masking tape around the borders and electrical sockets so that they do not get accidentally splattered with paint.
- Invest in proper equipment: When painting your walls, you need to make sure that you have the correct equipment. This will include paint brushes, paint trays and paint rollers. Depending on the height of the wall that you are painting, you may need to invest in an extension pole. This can be added to your paint rollers so that you can reach all areas.
- Dress appropriately: When painting, you want to make sure that your clothes are properly protected. Make sure to wear old clothes that you do not mind getting covered in paint. No matter how careful you are, you are going to end up with paint on at least one part of your clothing.
- Pack up properly: Once you have finished painting for the day, remember to seal all of the paint tins properly. If you forget this all-important step, the paint might dry out. You will also need to clean all of the equipment that you used in order to ensure that it remains in tip top condition.
Interior Painting can be a fun experience that can involve the whole family. It is also a far more cost effective way of approaching a home make over.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8568773